Get ready to Race! Join us on Saturday, April 15th @ 1:00 pm, for our Lego Race day! Everyone 5 years of age and older are invited to sign up and take part in the races. Come see who has the fastest car, who has the most creative build, and whose car blows up the best when they crash!
Cost: If you registered for our Lego Club and paid for all your sessions, our Lego Races are included in that cost. Otherwise, $5 gets you the base for the car and wheels, which can be picked up at Shuswap Lake Estates at these times:
Wednesday, April 5th, 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm, Sunday, April 9th, 8:30 am – 10:00 am, or Wednesday, April 12th, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm.
A few rules to keep in mind as you build:
- Use the wheels provided only. No other wheels will be accepted.
- Cars must be built by the child (adult help allowed for kidz only in K to Grade 1 group).
- Overall width can be no more than 4 ½ inches/10 studs in between wheels. This is the ideal size for the track, any narrower and the car will move back and forth in the track too much.
- Overall length should not exceed 9 inches.
- No height restriction – but remember a car that is top-heavy (3 inches high) may be inclined to tip out of the track.
- The weight of the car should be between 150 and 250 grams. (We are trying to keep the cars somewhat equal in weight and we may have to adjust cars on race day to accommodate this.)
- Having a stabilizer (or pieces that reach slightly past the tires) helps to decrease the rubbing of the tires on the track.
- Cars must be free-wheeling. NO motors or pull wheels.